We’ve actually had the TV room painted for a couple of month you saw a sneak peek of the wall in this post, but I have been putting off writting about it because I didn’t have any photos. Bad Blogger!
This is one of the most used rooms in the house and it’s also Chloe’s bedroom (that girl just does not pick up her toys) and therefore has the most, lived in look and we don’t like any of the furnishings in here – it’s ALL on the to be replaced list so needless to say my motivation to show this room was lackluster. But hey in the long run it will make a great before and after.
The only other time I spoke of the TV room was in this post last summer when we mounted the TV.
One of the best photos of me ever testing the weight limit of the TV mount. The photo also showcases the blase white walls that originally made up the entire house (we’re slowly chipping away at that.) You may also remember from this post that we had selceted Benjamin Moore’s Silver Mink for this room. It’s one of the darkest color choices we made for the entire house as this is the room where we relax and watch TV and we purposefully didn’t want it to be too light.
I was slightly nervous because it seemed so dark and the rooms we’ve painted so far looked so dark when the paint first start and this room was no exception:
But we’ve learned to keep going. We LOVE it
This room still has a long way to go as far as decorating goes here’s the list:
Mount TV Paint Walls
- Hang curtains – purchased need to hang
- Create custom three canvas art piece for over the couch – canvas purchased need to paint
- Get a new sectional – Ken’s TV room DREAM is to have a reclining sectional so we’ve been on a look out
- Get a more substantial lamp for the top of Chloe’s crate
- New coffee table maybe a cool repurposed trunk that could double as storage?
- Get a cool lamp for the corner of the sectional – one of those bowed ones that overhang your furniture?
Here is a super crude mock up of all of the suggested changes: