Highly respected marketing professional with demonstrated skills in marketing, leadership, media relations, social media and communications development. Motivated to contribute a fresh perspective to a dynamic fast-paced organization by utilizing extensive organizational and team building skills.
Brady Corporation, Branford, CT 2015 – 2017
Marketing Communications & Merchandising Manager
Oversaw strategic planning of marketing print products and catalog production of multiple brands and titles. Developed business plans and marketing strategy for market penetration and order forecasts. Managed new product implementation, catalog and webpage presentation and design. Established and maintained a consistent brand image throughout all marketing initiatives across social, email, catalog, web landing pages and microsites.
- Managed and led cross departmental teams as well as direct reports on the creation of product content for all marketing channels, consistent with brand design and ensured that the products were orderable in each channel, print and online.
- Served as project lead for new data migration, optimization and build project overseeing a multi-faceted international team on project priorities; executed project on time, and on budget.
- Managed social media channels and campaigns for three business units: Seton, Emedco and Seton Canada.
- Led merchandising team on creation of catalog sections, optimizing pages to promote best sellers and new products and executing on site SEO strategy to support these products.
- Project management of business category reviews for multiple product lines to generate increased sales and customer experiences both on and offline.
- Managed development of new customer informational portals that house product presentations, informational videos and industry resources.
- Produced and directed new product videos to enhance customer buying experiences on top product lines.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices New England Properties, Wallingford, CT 2011 – 2015
Marketing & Corporate Communications Manager
Led and managed direct reports within the creative marketing department to ensure projects remain on task and are completed by deadline. Managed all offline and online communications from the department both internally and to the public.
- Headed the brand transition within the Marketing Department from Prudential Connecticut Realty to Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices. Successfully managed brand consolidation through design and creation of marketing collateral materials for public advertising, internal promotion, for agent use in attaining listings and for prospecting and hiring new agents.
- Managed and executed internal and external email campaigns and newsletters to employees and customers.
- Planned and coordinated annual awards event for 1,000 people including writing CEO’s, MC’s speech, creating PowerPoint Presentations, created and maintained event budget, coordinated entertainment and decorations.
- Developed and implemented overall digital marketing strategy including the redesign of the company website, corporate YouTube page and the creation of the company’s mobile website and mobile application as well as initiating the creation of a plan for corporate social networking strategy, increasing Facebook “likes” by over 500.
- Developed annual corporate communications plan, establish and meet annual goals for market media penetration which included the negotiation of contracts with print vendors to establish desired rates for both brand advertising and promotional property advertisements. Managed, coordinated and distributed monthly employee newsletter, distribution of all corporate press releases to the media, assess increased press release pick up frequency by 20%.
- Contributed to fundraising efforts for the company’s chosen charity the Sunshine Kids raising $17,000 through our corporate event and $220,000 companywide in 2013.
Danielle Hicks Page 2
Corporate Communications Specialist
Oversaw all of the content within the marketing department from web to print marketing collateral.
Edited and re-wrote quarterly market report, wrote accompanying press release and distributed to all media contacts.
- Reviewed all advertising for brand consistency, developed relationships with editors and advertising directors.
- Built and managed public relations media contact database for press release distribution.
Harte Auto Group, Meriden, CT 2009 – 2011
Collaborated with Director of Communications to strategize new marketing campaigns, promotional activities and corporate programs, advised employees on recent specials.
- Hired and Trained call-center new hires on customer service etiquette, scripts and call procedures.
- Maintained company websites with weekly specials highlighting corporate programs.
- Built and maintained social marketing pages; Facebook, Twitter and Blog with latest industry news, interesting articles and videos to improve the company’s reputation and increase revenue.
- Managed monthly newsletters and email campaigns for distribution to customers.
The Hershey Company, Hartford County, CT 2007 – 2009
Retail Sales Representative
Supervised summer sales intern; provided training on sales process, sales charting and customer service. Interviewed and trained new hires for Retail Sales Team and Summer Interns. Ensured 100% distribution of products throughout Central Connecticut Region and monitored regional sales on a weekly basis, determined individual plans to increase sales at each store level.
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Major: Marketing
Certificate in Professional Sales
Adobe Creative Suite, Publisher, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, WordPress